Pain in ears and blood seen while cleaning ear. Hearing muffeled.

was cleaning my ear tonight with a q tip after a shower and barely put it far in my ear. Normal debth and suddenly hearing got muffeled, felt some pain pulled out the qtip and there was blood on it. Put the Q tip in a couple more times. Pain each time and each time there was blood on it. Now its been about 45 mintues and its kinda throbbing.
Asked On : Sat, 21 Jul 2012
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

It is possible that you may have ruptured the ear drum. Most ear drum ruptures heal on their own within a few weeks. You should check with your doctor

Normally, using objects in the ear is not recommended. If you have problems with wax build up then you may want to consider the use of softening agents which would cause the wax to come to the outer ear where it can be easily removed.
Alternatively the ear can be syringed by your doctor.

I hope this helps