Pain and swelling in gums, broken crown after two years of RCT

Swear pain and swelling in second last gum from right in lower jaw . i had an RCT for the same tooth 2 years back, and a crown was fitted there. Last month the crown got broken partially due to some reasons, But As i am posted in remote part of country due to some projects till now, and here there is no dentist available, and probably for next 2 weeks also I will not be able to see a dentist. Could you please tell me the possible reasons for the swelling and pain, and the severity of the situation and also that whether is it cancerous or not?
Asked On : Wed, 25 Apr 2012