Pain and redness in the roof of the mouth. Difficulty in drinking and eating. Not responding to avelox and prednisone

I have something similiar to a sore throat , but the pain is in the roof of my mouth, in the back. When I drink coffee it almost kills me when the hot liquid reaches that area. This started on Friday. I went to the doctor on yesterday. I did not have strep throat , but he did see redness back there and was puzzled. He gave me avelox to take for five days, prednisone . It is still as sore as it was before.
Asked On : Sat, 17 Nov 2012