Pain and irritation in little finger. Difficulty breathing. Have clubbed finger nail

Hello I have a clubbed pinky. It s been like this forever. Just recently did I begin to notice very very light pain and irritation . The research I ve done said it was liked to some type of lung disease. Just recently, I realized that breathing has been difficult for me as I wake up panicking for oxygen when I sleep. Also, I don t notice but those around me do notice that I breath heavy talk in my sleep. I remember sleeping one night and in my dream I seen I knew I wasn t breathing and thts when I shot up out of fear..what could this be? I stated the clubbed left pinky nail also to find out might there be a relation? Please advice.
Asked On : Sun, 18 Nov 2012
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Your clubbed pinky has no relation to the lung problem u describe. Only one finger clubbing is not pathological and seen a lot of time with trauma and oncidental
But your lung problem is of choking sensation. Ideally seen in 3 conditions.
Heart disease which you can find out by doing a cardiac evaluation and 2d echo.
Asthma again by doing a lung function test
And lastly an obstructive sleep apnea. If you are a snorer then you certainly need to get a sleep study done