Pain and burning sensation during urination, sensitive to chlorine. Cause and treatment?

My 11 year old son has extremely painful urination and burning sensation whenever he goes into a chlorine pool. We have now seen three Urologists who all said that he is sensitive to Chlorine. He isn t just sensitive, he is screaming hysterically after he urinates after leaving the pool. What could be the possible cause of this? I am desperate for any even temporary remedy so that he won t forego swimming in pools forever.
Asked On : Sat, 2 Jun 2012
Urologist 's  Response

The best and mainline treatment for any kind of allergy is to identify the allergic substance and strictly avoid it. All the other treatments will be symptommatic if there is exposure mistakenly.

If 3 different specialists have identified it as allergy, then I think he should strictly avoid exposure.

Take care!