Pain after injury, done icing and hot water bottle, swelling and redness

I was playing football and collided with another player and i hit the ground with my ass first. It felt really tight and constricted my run. As i had a match 3 days later the club brought me to physio and he said the strength and flexibility is good and that i should be able to play, but when i went to play i couldnt even do the warm up cause i was in such pain! I ve been icing it and hot water bottle intervals all day every day trying to get better but there isnt any sign of improvement a week in. There is no bruising really just a lil swelled and red.
Asked On : Thu, 28 Jun 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I would suggest you to get x ray of your tail bone and see if there is any hairline fracture is present.I would also suggest you to take a opinion from orthopaedic surgeon as some time physio can miss these injuries. I want to advice you sitz bath that is sitting in the tub filled with warm water for half an hour daily. I would also recommend you to take Brufen tablet daily.