Overweight, tummy bulging. Tried exercise, not losing weight. Medication to increase metabolism?

Dear doctor,I am tending towards being over-weight and my tummy bulges out,what do I do to maintain a good shape and stay fit? Each time I get into an exercise regime I return to double my size when I stop:is there a drug I can take to increase my metabolism and reduce the quantity of nutrients my body absorbs from the food I eat.
Asked On : Fri, 20 Jul 2012
Dietitian & Nutritionist 's  Response
Thank you for choosing HCM.
First of all you dont get into an eercise regimen and stop it should become a part of your lifestyle , just like you brush your teeth everyday .
Just watch your diet and exercise properly.
You can follow these tips:
1.Eat 4-5 small meals evenly distributed through out the day( boosts metabolism)
2.Stay away from fuzzy and sugary drinks
3.Drink plenty of water
4.Exercise regulary (dont stop)
5.Avoid all processed and fried foods
6.Drink green tea ( boosts metabolism)
Follow the above steps and be dedicated and consistent and you should be on
your way to lean and mean new you.
Thank you and take care