Overpowering odor coming from child even after shower. Diagnosed E.D., bi-polar. Any remedy?

I am a school counselor and we have a 13-year-old boy who has an overpowering unine odor about him. His mother has told us he wets the bed but that she washes his sheets and he showers before coming to school. He is diagnosed as E.D., and bi-polar, among other lables, and takes a number of meds. The teacher who referred him to me has him in class first period. She can see no evidence of him wetting his pants but says the odor is overpowering at 8:25 a.m. when school starts. We sent him home one day because it was so bad. He came back and the same teacher mentioned above said he smelled shower fresh, but by her 6th period class (2:30 p.m.), when she has him in class again, the odor was back. Can you help?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013
Hi welcome to Health care magic forum.
Thanks for choosing H.C.M.F.
As you are describing the boy of 13 years is smelling bad, in spite of good washing. 1 st hour he has no smell, but by the end of the school again smell recurs.
The most common cause could be dribbling of urine, that is passing of urine drop by drop, by the time it is observed it is dried up only smell will be there. It usually occurs in case of urinary tract infection.Urine examination reveals the presence of infection.
Other cause could be the smell of the drugs he is using which are excreted in the sweating he had.
I advise you to consult a physician for diagnosis and treatment.
Wishing for a quick and complete recovery from the problem.
Best regards.