Outside stitches have fallen out, inside ones not yet dissolved. How long does it take to dissolve stitches inside mouth?

After a bicycle fall two weeks ago, my upper lip needed two stitches outside and four on the inside. The outside ones have already been removed by my doctor but I was told that the inside stitches are supposed to dissolve on their own. They have not as yet. How long does it usually take for stitches inside the mouth to dissolve. I was not advised to rinse the lacerated area or do any care other than take an antibiotic for several days after the accident. Is there anything I could be doing to hasten the healing? Thank you.
Asked On : Fri, 26 Oct 2012