Outer leg pops in, calf of leg hurting, bruising, popping area dark. How to cure?

Hi, for the past few months, whenever I get out of my desk at school the outer part of my leg/ knee pops in my left leg. Lately, my left outer calf side of my leg all the way up to my knee has been hurting even when I sit down. The popping continues. Sometimes it occurs when I go in my tip toes. Bruising has appeared in my leg. It is darker in the area where I feel it pop.
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013
A pop at knee with inward abnormal bending at joint level is definitely an abnormal movement and indicates an unstable knee joint. The knee joint has got many internal and external ligaments to support the joint.
The ligament may get torn due to injuries and may affect the stability of the joint and should be evaluated by an orthopedician as soon as possible.
You will need imaging studies of the knee joint to detect the cause and gauge it's severity.
Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any questions I will be happy to answer.
Please close the query if you have no other questions.
Wish you a good health.