Osteoporosis, has stress fracture, advised injection forteo, arachitol, calcium tablets. Is the course of treatment right?

Hello Doctor. My father is in the US & had a minor fall. He was suffering from Osteoporosis & had a THR in his left left in 2006. Now he has a stress fracture in the medial side of his right leg. His Indian doc has told him to take Inj Forteo (once daily), Inj Arachitol (once a week) & Tab Calcium 1000 mg daily. Post his return, he will observe his X-ray / MRI & suggest for operation if no or little improvement in his condition. I wanted a second opinion on the medicines prescribed by the doc & hence, would like to know if the medicines prescribed are really that helpful as he is supposed to fly back to India on the 5th of October. - Ashwin
Asked On : Sat, 15 Sep 2012