Osteoporosis. Severe back pain. Due for filling fractured vertebrae. Which is better local anesthesia or local injection?

Hi, My 92 year old mother has osteoporois (sp?). She has been having severe back pain for the last 2 weeks, ending up in the emergency room on Friday. She will be having a procedure to fill in the fractured vertebraes in her back. I believe it is in 2 - 3 spots. Our family is more concerned not about the procedure, because it sounds promising, but by going under local anesthesia , rather than a local injection in the vertabrae. What are your feelings on local asnesthesia for someone of my mother s age. Concerned daughter I just happened to run across this website while doing research on the procedure my mother is having. I thought that this was a free site..... I m already spending money going back and forth to visit my mother. I don t want to pay $10.00 for an answer....
Asked On : Wed, 22 Aug 2012