Operated swollen infected knee, on antibiotic, swelling not reduced completely. Healing time?

Recently had an op on a swollen knee infection. Where the bacterial infection came from the Doctors could not say as I had not had any injury to the joint. That was 4 weeks ago and although the swelling has been reduced my knee is still swollen and I cannot resume my normal activities such as running and aerobics etc. I have finished a course of antbiotics and had some physio but nothing seems to be happening . Could you give some hope that things will improve ? ! Thanks in anticipation of your reply.
Asked On : Tue, 15 Oct 2013

I have studied your case.

As pre your history infection may not be completely debrieded .
You may need to investigate like CRP ,CBC,ESR
PCR culture is very useful to find culprit organism.

If infection is persistent revision operation is required.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.