Open heart surgery, brain damage. Before death, foamed at mouth and gurgled. Why?

My husband, age 55 who had an open heart surgery this past April in the Cleveland Clinic, went to our local hospital for a CAT scan and had asperated when they laid him dowm. He was without oxygen to the brain for about 15 minutes & had brain damage . I kept him on resperators for 5 days while they ran 3 different tests to confirm no brain activity. When we took him off, 4 hous later he took a deep breath, let it out, gurrgled a little then foamed at the mouth. Why
Asked On : Sun, 23 Dec 2012