Oozy scratch with two punctured holes near the ankle. Chances of snake bite?

My husband has a scratch about 3 long on the back of his leg near the ankle . The scratch keeps weeping and we are wondering why. At the bottom of the scratch are two little puncture holes about an inch apart...we re wondering if this could be a snake bite ...he was on his tractor when it happened and said he felt something cold run down his leg. He had shorts on.
Asked On : Mon, 21 May 2012

Welcome to healthcaremagic.

If you are sure that the two little holes could be due to a snake bite then taking him to ER soon would be a better idea.

The wound weeping also makes me suspicious of a continuous reaction going around which could be due to snake antigen too.

I would ask you to give him a dose of antihistaminic like Benadryl which reduces the reaction there.Benadryl will help no matter it is due to snake bite or any other material.

Wish you good health.