One month old having chest infection. Taking two antibiotics. Is it safe?

Sir ,
my son is one month old [32 days] and he is having an infection in chest but there is no nasal congestion ,cough or fever only a mumering sound from chest.First our doctor gave cepodem 50 and levolin syrup. After 3 days there is no change in his infection so dr gaveAugmentin Duo [amoxilim and pottasium clavulnate ]. He said all the 3 medicines have to continue for 5 days . Is there any problem to use 2 antibiotics together.Is Amoxilin safe to give infants under 2 month.kindly give your valuable suggestion.
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013