On treatment for strep throat, difficulty in swallowing, feeling of big lump in neck. Is it normal?

I ve been sick for about a week and I went to the doctor two days ago and the doctor told me I had strep throat . Today when I woke up I found it extremely hard to swallow my antibiotics and then I was feeling my neck and there was a huge bump, the size of an egg on the side of my neck. I know when people get sick their lymph nodes tend to swell up, but should I be worried about the size it has become? ps. when I went to the doctor, he did not check my lymph nodes at all
Asked On : Sun, 19 Feb 2012