On prednisone for an allergic reaction on neck. Suffering from itchy hives. Which moisturizer can I use?

Hi - I m currently on a prednisone treatment for an allergic reaction on my neck. I broke out in hives & was miserable with all the scratching . Although the prednisone has begun to work, I am now left with itchy, very dry, red, irritated skin. What is a gentle moisturizer I can use on my neck? I believe that Eucerin lotion was the original irritant/cause of my allergic reaction, so I m reluctant to use any typical OTC body moisturizers. Will plain Vaseline or petroleum jelly give me some safe relief?
Asked On : Tue, 2 Apr 2013