On petogen deop. Had trigestral. Can I conceive with regular periods now?

Hie my name is samantha and I would like to ask something, last year july I was on the petogen deop and stop it in january,since then I wasn t getting my periods even though I stopped so my docter gave me trigestral to go back to my periods,last week was my first time getting my periods and it lasted for 5 days,but now I want to concieve how can I do that,should I stop taking the pills and try
Asked On : Sun, 17 Jun 2012
Cardiologist 's  Response
Dear Samantha,

Congratulations on the conception plans. Yes, indeed, you can stop the pills and have frequent intercourse to try to achieve pregnancy; however, you must remember that it takes several days or sometimes weeks for all the reproductive organs to be back to baseline after the medication is stopped.

Yours truly,

Dr Brenes-Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN