On medicines for high BP, recent tests showed high uric acid levels. Options other than medicines to reduce uric acid?

Dear doctor, I am 36 years old Male from India, height 1.74 mts. weight =72kgs. I was found to have high blood pressure at the age of 21. All the test reports were normal. Ever since then i am under medication for high blood pressure. I have a regular BP check and it is always normal. I am taking cardiac 2.5 ( Ramipril ) & Amlopress 2.5 ( amlodipine ) every day. And follow a low sodium vegetarian diet with chicken & fish occasionally. I drink only beer once in a month basis. I dont smoke . On December 2nd 2012 i got my my cholesterol , sugar & uric acid test done as a routine check up . Cholesterol & sugar were normal. But my uric acid was 7.5. I have no pain in my body. So my doctor advised me not eat coconut, poultry, fish & peas and no beer. Along with the diet I drank a lot of water. I repeated the test after a month and my uric level showed 5.6. Dr. says that it is still on the higher side. And he prescribed Febuget 40 for 90days and told me that i might have to continue taking it (Febuget ) through rest of my life. My worry is that: 1)I don t want to pop any more pills except for high blood pressure drug. Is there any other way i can reduce my uric acid? 2) Is my kidney functioning anything to do anything with uric acid? 3) How can i protect my kidneys? Thanks Noel
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013