On laxopeg for chronic constipation. Anorectal manometry and barium enema test done. What are the risks?

my four year old son has been advised to take 2 sachet of laxopeg for treatment of chronic constipation .is there any harm as he has been advised to take for one month after that doctor will decide.he was undergone anorectal manometry & barium enema test, there is no any problem. Doctor say that with the use of laxopeg bowel movement will start and chronic constipation will be cured.please suggest.
Asked On : Tue, 22 May 2012