On klacid for sinusitis. Sore throat, coughing up mucus. Have acid reflux. Are these related?

Hi I was diagnosed with sinusitis on thursday and been giving a weeks prescription for the antibiotic Klacid. Yesterday I started to feel a bit better but today i woke up the the most painful sore throat and it didn t feel as if it was my head or nose as much anymore. I am also coughing a lot with mucus and sometimes dry and painful coughs. I just got a torch and looked into my throat and it looks as if something is sticking up behind my tongue which is extremely painful. I also suffer from acid reflux which last night was quite bad, could this be related? I looked up what the thing in my throat could be and it said it could be my epiglottis . how would this happen? is it normal that during this illness that it could happen? I have also been using neilmed sinus rinses which have been helping a great deal.
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013