On fertility treatment, have mid-cycle sharp pains from both ovaries with spotting. What does this imply?

I ve been in fertility tx. Normally have 35 day cycle. Today is day 25. Random sharp pains throughout day that shoot from both ovaries to just above pubis bone. Went to restroom, wiped, very little but bright red blood on tissue . If I take a hpt will it show accurately at this point or if I m possibly having a period in the first month? Do the pains seem a concern? Or am I probably just not pregnant, starting early, and grasping for hope ;-) thanks
Asked On : Tue, 17 Jul 2012
The mid cycle sharp pains that you have could be due to ovulation. These are usually self limiting and are not a serious issue.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,