On crestor. Recovered from achilles tendon damage. High LDL levels. Suffer from severe muscle pains. Any new medications?

Have suffered with severe muscle pains which I am convinced is due to statins-have been thro the card for last 8 years and have been using crestor for last 3 years or so however just recovered from achilles tendon damage which again am convinced due to crestor.Been off statins for one year and muscle pains finally gone but cardiologist again suggeting I reconsider statins due to high LDL (187).What is the latest on alternatives to statins,are there any new drugs anticipated or in development, would niacin help and if so what is the proprietary name ,does Zetia have a history of similar problems? thanks John S
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013