On catheter following gall bladder removal surgery. Scheduled for TURP surgery. Having back pain, temperature. Suggestions?

My partner has a catheter in following gall bladder removal surgery. He has been told he has an enlarged prostate and had trouble urinating after the operation. He had had a trial of void but was unsuccefull and is now on a waiting list for the TURP operation. Meantime he has to wear the catheter. He had woke up feeling quite unwell today with back pain and his temp is slowing going up at the moment it is 37.8. he had blood clots in his bag yesterday. He had a consult with his gall bladder surgeon yesterday and she told him he had injured his bladder whilst mowing the lawn with the catheter in. However he wasnt this sick yesterday. My guess is he has a bladder infection. Of course I am no doctor, that is why I am posting here. Can you help please? kind regards Alison
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013