On analgesic nose drops to clear sinuses after a swim. Why was I given vitamin C tablets?

I m 18 years of age, and about 2 months ago I went swimming. Some water got into my ears, and I went to a doctor and he prescribed analgesic nose drops and tablets to clear up my sinuses, in addition telling me to inhale steam and hold my nose, close my mouth and blow. After checking another doctor she said, because of holding my nose and blowing, I got a perforated ear drum :( I was then given vitamin C tablets to heal. It s been two months now and I feel a discomfort in my middle ear , sometimes feeling slight pains. Whenever I close the car door I feel pressure being put into my ears. Please help! No doctor believes anything is wrong because they say my eardrum is fine after checking.
Asked On : Sun, 19 Aug 2012