On amox for a tooth infection. Swollen lymph nodes in the neck. Ear pain with rash on the lymph nodes. Why?

I was put on Amox a little over a week ago for a possible tooth infection - a tooth which needed to be extracted. After about 6 days on the Amox, I developed swollen lymph nodes on the back of my neck and just inside my hairline above my neck, both on the same side of my head as my problem tooth. My dentist said we should go ahead and extract the tooth, but go ahead and finish the course of the Amox. I had the tooth pulled 2 days ago, and I am having extreme ear pain and now a rash around the swollen lymph nodes. I am taking 600-800 mg of Advil every 4 hours to try to alleviate the pain. Should I be concerned about any of this? Thanks
Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013