On GERD medicines, persisting discomfort in upper abdomen, feeling of obstruction in throat, rib cage pain. Cause?

I have been having symptoms since November. My PCP concluded GERD and started me on a regimen of prilosec and zantac x2. Symptoms began with difficulty swallowing and pain...or more discomfort in upper abdomen. I was also having what I felt was chest pain and pain/burning in the throat. This has subsided since I began the meds, but the discomfort in my upper ab remains, almost feeling as though I have a knot. I also continue to feel as though I have something stuck in my throat. Most recently I have developed a pain on my right side below the rib cage. My PCP did have me complete blood work, which according to her was picture perfect....not an ideal answer as I thought possibly thyroid. I feel like she is missing something...
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013