Old aged, diabetic, high BP, heart patient, addicted to alcohol. What are the meds to get rid of drinking habit?

Greetings for the Day!!!

My query is regarding my father aged 56. He is currently a heart patient (suffered an attack 3 years ago) as well as suffering from High BP and Diabetes (Since close to 10 years). He also consumes alcohol on a daily basis for over 30 years. The problem is that we as a family are fed up with his drinking habits and quarreling for small-small things with all family members and creating anti-social atmosphere. We are worried that too much shouting after drinking would increase his BP and might again go through cardiac arrest. Kindly suggest few medicines we can give him to get rid of his drinking habits which would not harm his heart and which can be taken in food. Also want to know that in india now a days many TV channels are coming up with herbal medicines to get rid of addiction. Eg: WWW.WWWW.WW Can we trust this herbal treatment and is it advisable to give it to my father?

Krunal Kansara
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013