Old age. No sense of bowels, sleep all day, itchy eyes, red eyes. Is it urine related?

Hi there.. My 87 year old mother has 2 small dogs in her small unit which unfortunately tend to pee and poop wherever they like. She has absolutely no smell ( I think due to her age ) and so cannot smell anything. Over the past year I have noticed a decline in her and in particular she says she is sleeping most of the day. Could this be related to the pet / urine problem ? It is a huge problem as she will not see the dogs taken away which is fair enough, but if this could be the problem I can work around it in another way for a month or so and monitor any improvement in her...She also has a problem with constantly red and itchy eyes which I am pretty sure is a direct reaction to the problem. I thank you for your time. Oh by the way she is under the care of a GP but of course he does not visit her at home and does not quite realize just how bad the problem is. Maureen
Asked On : Sun, 20 Jan 2013
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
Thanks for posting to hcm,
Red and itchy eye due to eye infection . Take tab. cipro 500 mg twice a day. eye drop ciro . 4 time in a day. An exam should be done before the urinaly doxycicline would be a typical antibiotics.