Ocular migraine followed by numbness in hands, lips, tongue, normal speech. What could be causing this?

i am 33 years old. I had an ocular migraine earlier this evening (around 6:00-6:30) and it subsided but then about a half an hour later (around 7:00-7:300) the fingers of my left hand when numb...more numb than just a falling asleep feeling, while this was occurring, my lips and tongue began to feel slightly numb as well. It lasted a few moments, maybe 10 minutes total in duration. I did not notice any confusion or speech difficulties during this episode. I was singing to my daughter and was okay with the lyrics. I am assuming I need to go to the doctor in person but any help (such as how quickly to go and what might be going on) would be appreciated!
Asked On : Wed, 3 Oct 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  187 Awaiting Answer