Obese, being very active lately, had red rash on calves, severe ankle swelling spreading to calves, worsens on sitting for long hours. Advise?

I have a red rash on my calves and severe swelling of the ankles spreading to the calves.. I have been to a doctor who couldn t find any reason for it .. health is very good, except being obese. I have been very active lately and find myself doing alot of walking. I am just concerned as I have a 4.5 hour drive this afternoon and I know the swelling will get worse if I sit in the car for that long a period (I am planning to stop every hour to stretch my legs). This is becoming painful and is burning to touch. Thanks
Asked On : Mon, 20 Aug 2012