Numbness in tongue, cheek and lips after having flu. Burning. Could it be a neurological issue?

I am 35 weeks pregnant and during week 32 I had the Flu for 2 weeks. Then one week after the flu, I noticed that my tongue , cheek and lips (all on the left side) are numb. It flares up during the day and subsides at nighttime. During the day it feels like it is burning. I talked to my OB/GYN and she thought it might be Bells Palsy but I m not having any other symptoms related to the disease. Then she told me it was out of speciality and I have an appointment with my PCP. I m scared that it might be MS? It has been numb for the last 2 weeks. It is very uncomfortable and it burns during the day. Since it is on one side, I m fearing that it could be a neurological issue. Not sure.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Jun 2012