Numbness in the hand and painful to grip things after an injury. Nerve damage or healing sprain?

I had a car accident recently and the emergency doctor barely looked at the injury, which swelled up into at first a liquid, soft feeling bump, which than turned into intense swelling as well as a rash that broke out on my leg but the doctor just ignored that claiming that had to have been there before the accident but before going to where I was going I toke a shower which it wasn't there, anyways the rash went away while in the ER. A week later the swelling has gone and I got feeling back in my hand. Now though I wake up everyday with numbness and I have to raise my hand into the air before I can get feeling back, its painful to grip, hold things or coordination with it period. If I walk with the hand I injured down like normal It becomes painful I can feel it up towards my bicep in the flesh facing my chest. Could it be nerve damage or just a slow healing sprain? I had a sprain before and it feels nothing of the sort, its not even painful in the wrist it feels like tendons in areas where I wasn't injured should I seek medical expertise?
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013