Numbness below the knee. Have arthritis, excruciating pain. Treatment ?

Hi. I fell on my knee on Monday on a congrete sidewalk. I can walk but there is numbness below the knee. For the most part, there is little pain except when I hit/knock it just right I have excrutiating pain. When I get on the floor to play with my dogs, I cannot put pressure on that knee. I also have arthritis in this knee and just spent the summer getting lubrication shots. Should go see my orthopedist or just continue to put ice on the knee? Thanks for your help
Asked On : Wed, 22 Aug 2012