Numbness at the tip and bottom of big toes, feeling is noticeable only on touching the toes. What could be the cause and remedy?

Hi, I am having an issue with both of my big toes they are numb at the very tip and the bottom it s been about 24 hours since it began, I have tested to see if it was due to circulation by pressing and watching how quickly it changes back to the normal color and thy seem fine, it s a pins and needles sleepy feeling it just feels more annoying then anything, I found that the numb feeling is only really noticeable when I touch my toes on something or when in the bath and I touch the edge of the tub, what could it be and should I see a doctor?
Asked On : Thu, 28 Jun 2012