Numbness and swelling in foot after having the stitches for an injury

On thursday I was at a swim meet when I hit my heels on the wall doing a flip turn. I had to get stitches in my right heel and my left heel was just bruised. It s been six days. Today I was sitting down in a relaxed position with my legs straight out in front of me when my left heel went numb. The numbness persisted for over an hour and the bottom of my heel was white and felt as though it had fallen asleep. This continued to happen periodically through out the day. Is this something I should be worried about? What could be wrong?
Asked On : Thu, 17 Feb 2011
hi dear,
it must be examined for the peripheral pulses are intact and of good volume and have a doppler ultrasound of the foot vessels ,any other symtopms like shiny skin,or hair loss from the foot then let me know
tc

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.