Numb bum and legs, backache

I get very uncomfortably numb when I sit/lie down. Mostly my Bum and Legs. I don t even need to be sat very for it to start. I literally hate being sat down at the moment. I have a pretty achey back also, which clicks a lot. I am an active person, I go running and swim, so it can t be due to inactiveness...
Asked On : Mon, 26 Mar 2012
Dear Friend.

The type of pain your describing is likely to be a "Neuropathic Pain" as you have numbness.. if u really know what numbness means
Do you have any tingling sensation?
Does your pain gets aggravated on lying down or it improves?
Does your pain radiates to your leg or foot?

Since your pain worsens when you sit down its more favourable for a mechanical pain.

If you are sure you have numbness ... than you require an examination by a dr and an imaging study of your lower spine which will help to rule out disc problems and other conditions too if any

And to add to your surprise this type of pain is not due to inactivity. This can be a result of overactivity.

Stay Healthy.

Dr Anshul, MD