Noticed few beauty spots on belly during pregnancy. Is it normal?

Hí I am 10 weeks pregnant, doing my 1st sonar tomorrow along with some bloods to be taken. I have suddenly noticed, just after coming from the bathroom my belly has a few beauty spots that were never there before, they do not itch , they are just a few sudden beauty spots and quite small. My question is, is this normal?
Asked On : Sat, 28 Jul 2012

Thanks for writing to health care magic.
I can understand your concern.

You should have described the spots and their location. Certain pigmented lines like linea nigra which is a dark line from the umbilicus to pubis appear during the second trimester. Any way since you are going for a ultrasound tomorrow discuss with your doctor the same. Most of these are normal during pregnancy.

Continue to ask further queries as required.
Hope this helps.
Dr Y V Siva Sankara Murty
Associate Professor of Pediatrics