Not able to eat from mouth after a back surgery. Epiglottis not working properly.Aspirating on food. Pneumonia chances? Can this be fixed?

Hello, My father (78 years old) had a back operation two weeks ago in an Atlanta hospital. He was interbated for three days. Here it is tweek weeks later and the back operation was successful but now he can not eat food because of his throat . He has bee feed thru his nose and stomach for the past two weeks. We have been told that his epiglottis is not working properly. Can this problem be fixed? Can it be repaired or replaced? Where in the US should we take my father for surgery? He is aspirating on his own spit and could set up pneumonia if something is not done soon. Please help. Dean
Asked On : Sun, 8 Jul 2012