Nose bleeds, strands of blood, dry nose, no breathing problems, no allergies. Solutions?

My 13 year old son has constant nose bleeds . He has had these since he was little. He know pulls out long strands of blood that looks like a worm . He has no problems breathing . Nor does he have any signs of allergies . It only comes out one side of his nose. I have taken him to the dr. They say he is irritating his nose because its dry. He has had this problem since he was 5. For over 2 years he has these long strands of blood. Any suggestions or sollutions to this problem?
Asked On : Mon, 7 May 2012