Nodule in the groin, scan shows thickening of spermatic cord with fatty components. Cause?

Hello, I recently began to feel a mild discomfort in my groin in the left inguinal region. Palpation revealed what appeared to be a dumdbell or bean shaped nodual of about 1x2 cm. No other masses or swellings of any kind, and no systemic symptoms. I saw my G.P. who felt it was most probably a lymph node. A CT scan with IV contrast revealed only a non-specific thickening of the left spermatic cord along with some fatty components. no other masses or adenopathies. any thoughts on what this might be and what may have caused it. How should I follow up from here? Thank You.
Asked On : Fri, 19 Oct 2012