No periods, now periods with heavy flow. Why am I not having a period?

I havent had a period in a very long time 6months to be exact ..the previous year when it happened it lasted 3months nonstop with a very heavy flow i went to several doctors and they all said it was normal and my hormones were okay. Since then ive gone to more doctors and all say that im normal. I just want some more answers to why i am not having a period?
Asked On : Fri, 29 Jun 2012
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Need some information about your age, any medical condition you are suffering from, undergone any surgeries in the past, taking any medicines regularly, what all tests done and there reports etc. The information provided is very insufficient. Kindly send required information to suggest you furthur. Thank you