Breastmilk exclusively till 6 months of age is the best for your baby.
Formula milk often causes these problems of colic in kids.
The frequency of 6 per day may still be normal unless its watery.
If its watery, associated with peri-anal redness
and he is not gaining weight, its better that you see your Pediatrician
and get Lactose Intolerance
- Switch over to exclusive breast feeding.
- If breast feeding is not possible at all, try changing the formula. Some formula may be based from cow`s milk causing many problems. In such a case switch over to formula based on soyprotein.
- Ask your doctor for medications like colicaid- that have simethicone
and fennel seed oil- which will help you to some extent.
- Do burp him after each feeds.
- To your routine massage
techniques, add strokes to the tummy in the form of circles around belly button, inverted L, inverted U. Do this regularly and his tummy troubles will surely come down.
- When he cries out of pain, try to keep a warm towel on his tummy.
Hope my answer helps you.