Newborn having bluish lump on the abdomen. Have a heart murmur. Should I be concerned?

hi my baby girl is 8 weeks old today this morning when i was dressing her i noticed a lump jsut above her tummy its a blue colour and it looks like its attached to her vain running up to her chest area i am awaiting an appiontment for a heart murmer that was found 2 weeks ago the lump has just appeared over night and im very worried about it
Asked On : Tue, 4 Sep 2012
Pediatrician, Surgery 's  Response
Dear Ms Howe-Nicola

I would like a few more details before i comment. How big is the lump, is it possible to post a picture as that would really make it easy to answer. Infants are prone to having small swellings related to the blood vessels and lymphatic vessels. These are common and most of them do not need any treatment. However, before i can offer an opinion would like the details of the lump and also picture if possible.

Dr Antony Robert Charles
Pediatric Surgeon