Nerve pain. Have Trigeminal Neuralgia, arthritis. Removed nerve center. Medication?

I have a condition called Trigeminal Neuralgia . In which I suffer from severe nerve pain . I also have arthritis in my neck C2-C5 disks and a bulging disk in C6. I have been seeing a pain doctor for a couple years. He is now telling me that I will have to go to a Addictive Medicine specialist. I have never heard of this, and it makes me embarresed to say I need to go to an addiction specialist. His office is no longer treating long term pain patients because of these new laws with pain medications . What about us that don t abuse, but need these medications to be able to function day to day. Can you tell me what to expect when I go into see this doctor? Another Dr caused me to have TN during an open biopsy , where he totally messed up and removed my nerve center instead of my lymph node. I don t trust Dr s anymore because of the trauma I went through. Which makes me sad that I can t continue to see my pain doc, one of the few that I trust... Any advice? -Aubri
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013