Need to do Hernia operation. Had swollen prostate. Will it reoccur after operation?

I need to have a hernia operation done and I am concerned about a recent case of trouble with a swoolen prostate that locked up my ability to urinate for about 5 days. Was on flomax for about 3 weeks and no problems for over a month now. Concerned about a possible problem with the upcoming surgery swellen the prostate and causing a urinating problem post surgery. Should I start the flomax a week before surgery or is there something else to prevent that problem?
Asked On : Mon, 18 Feb 2013