Neck, upper back, shoulder soreness after falling from bed. Advice?

Good morning, I am 26 yr old female i have a history of migrianes for 10yrs now and i am on medicine for it Saturday night i fell out of bed i think i might of hit my head on something not sure. But my neck , upper back into my shoulder are very sore to where it feels like it hurts to the touch it s mainly my neck though that is hurting and i just don t feel good. I don t know if i should go to my doctor to get check out or just wait and see how i feel tomorrow. Maybe i am going to be sore from hitting and just over reacting. Thank you, Brittney Brown
Asked On : Thu, 1 Nov 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
The symptoms you have described are more likely to be symptoms of muscles strain.
To get relief from the pain and for quick healing:
1. Do hot fomatation at the site.
2. Apply local anti-inflammatory gel 2-3 times a day.
3. Take anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen to reduce pain and local swelling or inflammation.
4. Do not lift weight or try to do exercise that involve painful muscles. Give proper time to heal.

I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.