Neck pain, unable to move neck in certain directions, no fever, knot in the neck. Causes?

My son woke up from his nap yesterday complaining of his neck hurting. This morning he is still complaining and says he can t move his neck in some directions. He has no fever and feels fine. We have also noticed that there is a little knot on his left side of his neck that he says hurts. Any idea of what could be going on?
Asked On : Sun, 25 Nov 2012
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

After going through the details I suggest that your son is simply having some sort of muscle cramps.

Sleeping positions and movement while sleep and usage of excess pillows suddenly etc are all causes behind the soreness. Children and teen aged people do sleep heavily and often develop such soreness of neck.

You can apply some sort of pain relief gels and apply hot fermentation twice or thrice and the pain should ease.

I hope I am able to answer your query. I am also available for further assistance.
Good luck.