Neck injury, painless, heat around neck, stiffness, lethargic

my neck was pushed down vertically not bent forward but bent side ways, i feel no pain, but i have heat around the neck, and a little bit of stiffness , did i break my neck? i do not have any pain, also i heard like a squeaky pop sound and felt very lethargic
Asked On : Mon, 26 Mar 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
If you are not feeling any pain and just stiffness is there, it means there is no serious injuries. You can apply diclofenec ointment, and also apply hot water bottle. If stiffness persist or pain starts then you can get a ne k x ray done. At present there is no such need though.